Yoshinkai UK - Some Questions Answered
Description goes here.
Tell us about Taijiquan
- Is Taijiquan an excercise or a martial art?Taijiquan is one of the Chinese Traditional Martial Arts.
- The movements appear slow. Is this why Taijiquan is good for your health?It takes practice to perform rhythmic, dance-like movements. You cannot move like a dance when you just start it. After appropriate training, you can move like a dance.
- Is Taijiquan hard training?Yes it is hard. Because to adjust your inner energy, we have to change your body. We modify the movements to suit your age and your body condition. But you may feel muscle pain at the begining.
- Is breathing important for Taijiquan?No, I will tell you the reason in the class.
- Is Taijiquan easy excercise for old people?As one of the traditional Chinese martial arts, training is physical and rewards effort. However, people of all ages can enjoy Taijiquan, but it takes a long time to master it. In Chinese proverb, it says if you learn Taijiquan for ten years, you can not fight yet. So it is important to face your body.
- If you master Taijiquan, can you fight without touching your enemy?No, Taijiquan is not magic or a circus.
- Can Taijiquan be a moving meditation?Yes definitely. Come to our classes and you will see.